Giver is a platform that provides the tools and technology for merchants to sell products and services as gift cards on their own website, at physical retail locations, marketplaces and more. While we believe the free and open exchange of ideas and products is a key tenet of commerce, there are some activities that are incompatible with Giver’s mission to make digital gift vouches great. This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) describes activities that are prohibited in connection with your use of the Services.
Any capitalised terms used in this AUP are defined on the Giver AUP definitions page.
The following activities are prohibited
- Child exploitation: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials that exploit or abuse children, including but not limited to images or depictions of child abuse or sexual abuse, or that present children in a sexual manner.
- Harassment, bullying, defamation and threats: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials, that harass, bully, defame or threaten a specific individual.
- Illegal activities: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials, that contravene or that facilitate or promote activities that contravene, the laws of the jurisdictions in which you operate or do business.
- Intellectual property: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials, that infringe on the copyright or trademarks of others.
- Malicious and deceptive practices: You may not use the Services to transmit malware or host phishing pages. You may not perform activities or upload or distribute Materials that harm or disrupt the operation of the Services or other infrastructure of Giver or others, including Giver’s third party providers. You may not use the Services for deceptive commercial practices or any other illegal or deceptive activities.
- Personal and confidential information: You may not post or upload any Materials that contain personally identifiable information, sensitive personal information, or confidential information, such as credit card numbers, confidential national ID numbers, or account passwords unless you have consent from the person to whom the information belongs or who is otherwise authorised to provide such consent.
- Restricted Items: You may not offer goods or services that are, or appear to be, Restricted Items.
- Self-harm: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials, that promote self-harm.
- Spam: You may not use the Services to transmit unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
- Terrorist organizations: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials, that imply or promote support or funding of, or membership in, a terrorist organisation.
We may, at any time and without notice, remove any Materials, and suspend or terminate your Account or your access to the Services if you engage in activities that violate the letter or spirit of this AUP, including activities outside of your use of the Services.
Giver has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or investigate any Materials and your use of the Services at any time for compliance with this AUP and the Giver Terms of Service, or any other agreement between you and Giver governing your use of the Services (collectively, the “Terms”). Our determination of whether a violation of this AUP has occurred will be final and binding, and any action taken with respect to enforcing this AUP, including taking no action at all, will be at our sole discretion.
Giver may modify this AUP, including the list of Restricted Items, at any time by posting a revised version on this page. By continuing to use the Services or access your Account after a revised version of the AUP has been posted, you agree to comply with the latest version of the AUP. In the event of a conflict between the AUP and the Terms, this AUP will take precedence, but only to the extent required to resolve such conflict. Capitalised terms used but not defined in this AUP shall have the meanings set forth in the Terms.